Sin, Sex and Self-control

Sin, Sex and Self-control

I just finished this book. Here are my notes:
Sin, Sex and Self-control
Norman Vincent Peale
As with most Norman Vincent Peale books, this is very well written and has great teaching. One thing that does confuse me though is that he comes across in a few places in the book as believing in evolution. How does a man that shows so much love for Jesus and spent his whole life teaching of His love, also believe in evolution. It seems clear to me that we were either created or evolved. Scientific facts are unable to support the theory of evolution. In fact; the facts tend to disprove it and support creative design. Then it leaves only one alternative; creation. But having said all that, I must say the book is certainly worth reading.
Pg 33 Be sure what you do is right, because if it isn’t right, it’s wrong, and no wrong ever turned out right. Harlowe B. Andrews
Pg 119 -121 Contains an experiment to save a marriage. It could and has worked.
Pg 153 Discipline is the price you pay for freedom.
Pg 183 Dr. Peale’s five wizard words. Get your mind off yourself.
Pg 186 Every word you utter, every deed you do—yes, every thought you think—has an effect somewhere.


1 Comments:
Your right Amy. I did have those books while you were still at home. But I'm not re-reading them. I hate to say it but am just now getting to them. I would love to re-read the University of Hard Knocks, but I still have all these others I haven't read yet. I have increased my reading lately.
Post a Comment
<< Home